As we all know that Magento has been acquired by eBay in 2011. After 3 years in 2015 Magento spins out as own independent profitable company. In a one year journey Magento is now capable to acquire their first tech venture RJMetrics.
Magento, one of the largest ecommerce platforms, announced that they acquired Philadelphia, PA-based Analytics solution provider company RJMetrics. RJMetrics creates software for data infrastructure and analytics. It is considered as complementary to Google Analytics, a platform typically used by ecommerce brands.
RJmetrics has announced on their homepage that they are now part of Magento Commerce
In addition to the wide range of analytics extensions already built for Magento, the Magento core platform will now include a powerful native solution enabling merchants to better understand and optimize their commerce business needs based on actionable data insights into customers, merchandising, channels, and more.
Magento stated on their website that, This new RJmetrics cloud based analytics solution will be integrated into Magento platform as Magento Analytics to help merchants.
Key Benefits of this RJmetrics and Magento Integration:
- Advanced customer insights to track lifetime sales values, inactive customers, abandoned carts and re-order stats and much more.
- Help merchants to redefine better Marketing campaigs for increased ROI
- Ability to differentiate analytics stats into more advanced segments, so merchants can focus on targeted customers
- Better Merchandising and Shopping Experience
- Allow Smaller merchants to compete with big giants using cross-border analytics
- Cross-channel fulfillment & balanced inventory with the help of Magento order management integration to Analytics
- It will give relief to Merchants to bother to find proper extension from various magento extension providers for their store.
The new integration solution will be marketed as Magento Analytics and, unlike other analytics platforms which often require Merchants to find IT support or considerable amount of time to configure, this will enable to integrate enterprise level commerce analytics with minimum efforts.
2016: Markable acquisitions in Ecommerce industry
March,2016: Inventory software Veeqo acquires shipping startup ParcelBright
April, 2016: Vente-Privee acquires Spanish fashion ecommerce site Privalia ( source )
May, 2016 : Logistics software solution company Descartes acquired German ERP solution provider PIXI in 9.2M Euros
June 2016: Magento competitor Demandware is acquired by Salesforce for $2.8B
July, 2016: Polish payment systems Dotpay and eCard join merged to expand impact on European ecommerce market.